Does your company experience any of the following?
- Repetitive staff absences with little or no explanation
- Constant low-level machinery and vehicle damage
- Instances of dishonesty and theft
- Large variations in productivity from day-to-day with individual people, i.e mood swings, erratic behaviour, and forgetfulness
- Tasks completed poorly or not at all
- High levels of disciplinary actions undertaken
- Sudden unexplained drops in performance
- Particular individuals that pick fights, or are often irritable
These are common symptoms seen when someone is abusing drugs. If they’re erratic at work, they’re also unsafe at work.
If they get hurt in an accident, what is your legal liability in that case?